In this particular post, I'm going to share mainly on my experience at the ESCAPE theme park, which is a fully operating waterplay + adventureplay that has opened for only about a year. It is the perfect place to release some stress while challenging your stamina and fright of height. We travelled to Teluk Bahang by bus at 8 AM (too earlyy) and reached ESCAPE theme park an hour later, giving us extra time to exchange clothes and rest for a while before it opened at 10 AM. The tickets are cheaper if you buy them online and could get cheaper if you buy it a week or a month earlier. Starting a few months ago, they also do not sell separate tickets for waterplay and adventureplay. You can check out this website for more info -> https://www.escape.my/
There are a total of 23 attractions at the Adventure Play and 19 attractions at the Water Play. If you ask me whether it's possible to go to all the attractions without missing one, of course it is ! But only in non-existent state of people queueing and taking up most of your time :') The manager also told us that they are upgrading and working on some new checkpoints in a few months and will be operating within this year. So here, I'm going to list down hot attractions (based on my personal thought) that you shouldn't miss or should be given priorities.
1. Monkey Business- This checkpoint consists of level 1/ 2/ 3 in order of difficulties. You have to finish the round by overcoming the obstacles mid-air. It was definitely an exhilarating workout and people usually take 45 minutes to 1 hour to finish the round. Pheww
2. Kite Flyer- Strapped on the huge kite with your partner, they'll let you fly from quite a height and it was sooo fun. This checkpoint takes a long time to queue, usually taking 15 minutes for every 2 people to put on the gears and it also take time for the kite to stop completely from swinging.
3. Atan's Leap- This was labelled as 'Height Fright Eradication Zone' because you literally have to jump (of course with safety gears on) from a 20M platform. If you've done bungee jumping before, then this would be less scary but hell, it was so damn scary for the first 2 seconds to me.
4. Flying Lemur- This is similar to flying fox and if you feel like screaming on top of your lung and release some tension, this would be funnn. There is also flying fox game in monkey business but at lower height.
5. Family Trail- Here, you're going to be carried up the hill by Pajero car and you will have to cycle down. This is quite nerve-wrecking and fun at the same time.
6. Aerobat- I didn't go to this checkpoint haha but it's very famous and everyone seems to enjoy doing the games here. You are able to perform some tricks mid-air while being given a clear instruction by the staff there.
1. Banana Flip- Omg, this is literally the main attraction at the water play. It was a little terrifying as you are thrown mid-air before hitting the water. You need a proper landing to reduce the impact but nothing serious or scary, just funnn. They also hold a competition every day at 5.30 PM for anyone who would want to join and show their skill in doing backflip. The winner gets the exclusive 'Flipper of the Day' tshirt.
2. Family Twister & Tubby Rapids & Tubby Tunnels - These 3 attractions are about the same, sliding down on the tube while getting the thrill from the loops and beautiful scenery. The Family Twister has a record of the longest slide in the world, spanning 1 kilometre. It's very relaxing and enjoyable.
3. From left- the green one is Super Looper, next to it is the Mega Drop and the slides with blue, yellow and pink colour are the Speed Racer.
These slides once again test your ability to overcome height fright. It was definitely fun but I was very nervous several minutes before getting on the slides especially Super Looper and Mega Drop. They were insane ! My sister told me that the Melaka Wonderland has an even steeper and higher Mega Drop than this one. Not sure about that but I still enjoy it and they can take my 5 stars anytime.
I guess that's all for this post, I hope you would benefit a little from the informations shared here, probably a little more introduction to the theme park before you could experience it yourself. As much as I enjoyed playing the games, I hope you would enjoy them too !
Happy holidays! xoxo